1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge problems/ action with ESP

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SkinnyP411, Dec 20, 2011.

1. SkinnyP411

SkinnyP411

Nov 3, 2011
    Tennessee
    Ok here it is. (ESP LTD c-305) Two of the little black pieces that the strings sit in on the bridge have come off. They stay put when the bass is strung but they just fall off otherwise. It seems like they tighten with an Allen wrench. Is there anybody who has this bass that can tell me if this correct?

2. RockFace

RockFace

Jul 14, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    Hey man I see this is a real old post but I am completely setting up my c-305 right now and that is not correct.

In each string saddle, the tiny Allen screw that faces the neck locks in the action height. That screw has to loosen before you actually turn the screws on top of the saddle to adjust the action, then you re-tighten and it locks.

The other screw, the one kind of underneath the string, locks in the intonation. Same deal, to push the saddle forward or backward, that screw first needs to be loosened.

If either of these do not engage, you most likely have:
    A) stripped the screw
    B) adjusted the action/intonation too many times without unlocking and now the screws have dug into the bridge itself and no longer work

Either way, it sounds like you might need to call ESP and get some parts.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1373633200.706812.

3. RockFace

RockFace

Jul 14, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    Just a general reply to anyone with this bass or any ESP

I contacted them about getting some parts, and they responded and told me to check allparts. They don't provide parts at all.

Just FYI