1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bridging into 2 speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DougP, Aug 21, 2004.

1. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    I have an RMX1450 amp and (for now) one Aggie GS112. if i were to buy another 112, would i be able to run the amp mono bridged into both speakers if they are daisy chained together?

effectively that would give me 1400 W running into a 4 ohm 600 W load, correct?

if this works then i may add an RMX850 for the purposes of driving these and then using the 1450 on another higher-rated cabinet.

2. as long as the GS112 is 8 ohms yes!

i just asked this question yesterday... only less specific to the QSC and aggie cabs

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    yeah, i had read that. i just like to ask in regards to specifics in case there is some piece of info that i might be missing concerning my specific gear. when we are talking this much money i dont like generalities. :)

Thanks a million.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yes ..................
    as long as the speakers you are using are 8 ohms and as long as the power amp in question can be bridged into 4 ohms you're good to go
    if it makes you feel any better i just bridged my stewart 2.1 into two 8 ohm bag end cabinets last night (not the 1st time either)