Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

britney's guide to semiconductor physics

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brad Barker, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm

my favorite picture is britney's 'density of states' pose with the chalkboard.

and, ironically enough, i'm going to my department's female physics forum tomorrow. this'll be a smash, i'm sure. :D

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm not so sure I even want to know why or how you found that website.

3. I'm waiting for Jennifer Love Hewitt explains MacGuyver.

4. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i'm a phys major.

these sorts of things tend to gravitate towards me. :cool:

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sorry for the de-rail....but I see you are in Gainseville. What an awesome game on Saturday, eh??

In my daily commute, I always see this dude in a small car decked out in UT Volunteers crap. His license plate even says VOLS. So today, I see him and I roll down my window and yell "Gator Touchdown" at him while flashing my UF Gators hat. He frowned and flipped me off. Hehehe!

-Mike

6. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

yeah, it was a big win, even though the team had like... half-a-dozen false starts.

i only watch the big games (on television), and that was one of the biggest, i think. we'll stay top 10, i'm sure, this season. it'd be nice to break the top five.

means more funding for the physics department! :D

7. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I've been to that site. Very funny, but only for a wee while because it gets pretty intense. Being a chemist I have no time to brush up on my physics, I have physicist friends to do all my nasty calculations.

8. Aww... that's a cool way to get physics across.

I even downloaded one of the wallpapers. :D

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Heh, I remember seeing that site about 6-7 years ago (it might've been under a different domain).

10. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

thing is... that site is NOT dumbed down in the LEAST! :eek:

you need quantum, stat mech, maybe even solid state to be able to read that stuff. :D

but that's why i think it's great. britney as an expert in the subject. :p

there was a similar gag by the onion, and i'd describe it... but i'd like to keep this in off topic. :D

11. You are all a bunch of pervs...

BTW, I printed off some of those wallpapers. :smug:

12. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    fan of solid state physics, eh? ;) :p

13. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    oh, i love the solvay conference photo.

there were a couple solvay conferences; solvay was an industrialist who decided it would be a good idea to gather a bunch of top physicists in brussels and have'em go at it!

the most famous one was in 1927, not in the least because it was when einstein and bohr had their famous debates on the foundations and implications of quantum mechanics.

you can see in the photo big names like einstein (to our left of ms. spears), marie curie, lorentz, heisenberg, schroedinger, bohr, pauli, etc.

it's so funny to see britney in that line-up; that's such a famous picture.

14. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Cute site ... I like the author's photo

[​IMG]

15. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    BTW ... the (serious) section on Hedy Lamar and her invention of spread spectrum (she really did) is fascinating ...

Here ... Hedy Lamar's invention of spread spectrum

It's a clear indication of how musicianship can lead to innovation (the story of Bell's invention of the telephone is another case in point)