SOLD Broughton Silver Deluxe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by jacoby75, Jun 17, 2021.

1. jacoby75

jacoby75

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    Price:
    $200
    United States
    Hey there, kids.

As you may have read in the Broughton thread, I find myself going through a bit of a mid-life crisis at the moment. Selling off everything that I don’t absolutely need and what isn’t absolutely nailed down. To that end, I offer for your viewing, listening and playing pleasure a coveted Broughton Silver Deluxe.

If you know what it is, good on ‘ya. If you don’t, well, shame on you. But seriously, it’s a fantastic Fender tone stack, tube amp-in-a-box. It’s got an incredible amount of punch and power, coupled with some tubey sheen (without an actual tube), thanks in particular to the “bright” switch. It really is one of the best out there. But as part of my gig-less mid-life crisis, I am returning to my rack setup for those times I may need an amp, which are few and far between these days. So let my pain be your gain before I come to my senses.

More information about the pedal can be found here:

https://www.broughtonaudio.com/product-page/silver-deluxe

The SD is in very good condition cosmetically. It doesn't even have any semi-professionally velcro on it! And it does come with the coveted white box. It takes 9-24v DC. At lower voltages, it can achieve more of an overdriven tube tone, depending on how hard you push it, or how hot the bass is you’re hitting it with. But at higher voltages, it is smoother with more headroom and more gain on tap. It absolutely sings at 24v, if you have that capability. Seriously. It is one of the best amp-in-a-box pedals available (sort of, if you can find one) today. Functionally, it sounds fantastic. But full disclosure, there is some “crackle” to the bass knob, and slight crackle to the volume knob. I hit it with contact cleaner, but it did not seem to make a difference. Interestingly enough, the crackle only occurs if you are playing while you turn the knob. If you just turn the knob and aren’t playing, there is no crackle. And once it is set, there is no noise or otherwise offensive artifacts. It does not at all impact the playability or ultimate tone of the pedal. But these are hard to come by, so I was willing to deal with it. The weird noise is factored into the lower price. I am willing to give you 7 days from receipt of the pedal to determine if the noise is an unbearable issue for you. If it is, you may return it to me at your expense for a full refund, minus the cost of shipping. But I think once you hear it, you’ll be able to overlook the occasional pot-turning noise much like I was.

I am asking what I paid for it, $200 Paypal shipped within the Continental US by Priority Mail. I will ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment.

I am not interested in any trades at this time, except maybe a Broughton Helion because I've always wanted to try one.

Thanks for looking.

2. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Very nicely done ad but for a brotone pedal you only need the name and price. Don't even need a pic or description ;)

TwototheValley likes this.
  3. jacoby75

jacoby75

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Sold pending payment. I didn't even have time to go to the bathroom, lol.

Mushroo and TwototheValley like this.
  4. jacoby75

jacoby75

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    True. But you know me. I like to spin a good yarn.

donahue likes this.
  5. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC Area
    This pedal is so good. I don't really need it either, but can't imagine getting rid of it. :)

6. jacoby75

jacoby75

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Right. I'd love to keep everything I love. Even if I don't currently use it. But my bank account dictates otherwise.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021