Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buffing a used guitar???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BASSBOOST, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Well I just picked up a used Fender precision bass, even though I went to the local shop just to look.Anyways How do I buff it.It looks like the previous owner had a sticker under the pickups, and I can see the residue.So how do I buff it, get the residue off and what do I use.Thanks in advance, Nik.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Goo gone would get the sticker crap off. Keep it away from the wood if possible though. It shouldn't strip down your wood, but it's always best to be careful.

3. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    if the sticker is under the pickups... how is he going to avoid the wood? it would be on the wood.

4. Anybody have ideas??

5. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Guitar Polish.. go to your local music shop.. Get some good guitar Polish.. I recommend Ernie Ball.. and get a polishing cloth (good for wiping down ur strings after playing too) .. and that should Get a good ammount of it off. plus give ur new bass a nice shine.. post some pics :).. I love Fenders.