1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bugera BVP5500 vs new SVT3Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scarified, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Which is worse - a Chinese SVT3 clone for $400 or a Korean one for $1000 (from LOUD Technologies Inc) ?

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Never tried the Bugera but from reading things about their heads they sound great as long as they don't break. I think Bugera is Behringer's upper end line and that explains the failure rates I've been hearing about. I may be wrong here so please don't take my word as gospel.

3. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Looks nice.

4. You are correct. Bugera = Behringer.

5. Well I had just ordered a SWR 350x from MF only to have it canceled because they misquoted their inventory. However they gave me a discount and I might pull the trigger sometime this week on the Bugera, so I'll let y'all know if I do so and post my opinions! I'll try to A/B it against my friends SVT3 and see what happens.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Hey look at that, they actually are shipping.
    That's much sooner than I expected. MF having some of the first.
    Give it a try, let us know!

7. tsuiy0

tsuiy0

Nov 22, 2007
    France
    So, any news about this amp ? Somebody tried it ?

8. Geeeezzzz They couldn't've gotten it MORE like the SVT3PRO unless they painted it GREEN & BLACK could they?? Outwardly anyway...

I'd GO for this.... see what it's like. Many Behr. BX3000 300w amps- the ones they put out yrs ago STILL floating round the HIRE co's here- so some DO LAST!! & VERY well!! & Even these oldies sound OK! This new Buggerer Should sound good.

9. Hey, I still havent picked up the amp yet, musiciansfriend gave me a 20% discount and I decided to try out a Fender Jazz 24, which I just sent back this week (wasn't really my thing, but they'll still honor the discount on my next purchase). However, my tv just busted so I might have to wait a few more paychecks until I can pull the trigger on this one...:atoz:

10. tcbass4ever

tcbass4ever

Apr 5, 2009
    the svt 3 pro is one of my main amps,and its a vietnam amp,i have no complaints with the amp.if the price is right and the amp sounds good buy it.

11. jellymax

jellymax

Nov 29, 2006
    SF CA
    another choice would be a used USA svt3pro. they are going for approx $450 on craigslist