1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Building a bass cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AusExp, Jun 27, 2012.

1. AusExp

AusExp

Mar 28, 2012
    So I am considering building a bass cab. Visited the Bill Fitzmaurice site and the fearful. I really liked the xf series from Fitzmaurice but it it's a guitar cab. I would like either a 410 or 212/412. Any good suggestions? Speakers, crossover, wood etc....

2. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    What are you looking for in a cab? I have a fEARful and it's great. My 12/6 sounds better than my old goliath II 4x10. Add another 12 and it's very loud, low and clear. Don't build solely on speaker size. Figure out volume requirements, portability you want and research from there.

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Check out the DIY sticky at the top of the page. Lots of different builds there and folks explaining their goals, decisions, tradeoffs made, etc. Don't put the cart before the horse.

4. AusExp

AusExp

Mar 28, 2012
    I have an ethnic band, we r kinda like a polka band on steroids. :)
    I want a portable cab, I don't have to be crazy loud. I have a gk mb500 head that I will use with this cab. I liked the 12/6 cab , just didn't know anyone who had any fearful cab.
    I currently use an ashdown Evo II 500 210 combo with the two ten extension cab for gigs.

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Your name up there doesn't say where you are located, but, Greenboy's website has some map function for where other owners might be in your area. One of them would probably be happy to let you have a listen. Lower volume demands like you say I would think call for a 12/6 or maybe single 15/6 at the most.