1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Built Modulus/Fender bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 1960LesPaul, Apr 30, 2009.

1. I recently built a Jazz on Steriods bass but have since moved all in on 5 strings so I offer this. MIM body freshly painted in BMW silver. I believe it is alder. New Pbass Modulus neck. It has been professionally routed to accept EMG DC40's. I also have a Jazz pup in the same size as the DC40's that will be included so you can shap your tone. It also has the EMG BTC preamp and a badass II bridge. Fender gigbag. Plays and sounds great imo. Strung with fairly new DR low beams.

The only 2 so called issues is when I had to trim the pickguard where it meets the control plate it isn't dead on perfect and there is a slight tiny space and it has been routed but I forgot about the battery when it was done so I had to do it myself. You cant see it as it is all internal and under the pg and plate but wanted to let you know just the same. Looking for 1000.00 shipped and insured.

2. littlepoison

littlepoison

Apr 4, 2009
    Me likey!

3. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Me also likey!

Nice looking bass. Good luck with the sale!

4. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I doubt it but in case you plan to part out the modulus neck, let me know :)

5. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    You have a PM

6. All pms replied. Not really interested in a trade for bass stuff. I would prefer a cash sale. If it doesn't sell I will just keep it vs parting it out.

7. OK I have decided that I want to put together a small PA so I have some other gear to list. But as far as this bass goes I understand that it is not a factory Modulus. As a matter of fact you can't get a silver one much less a BMW silver. And I don't think you can get EMG DC40's either. Their basses list for 2400.00 bucks. I have 1500.00 in mine. Selling for 1000.00 shipped and insured.

So I am willing to offer a return policy. If the bass is not in the condition a described I will pay for the return and refund your money. If you do not like the bass I will refund your money but YOU pay to ship and insure it back to me in the exact condition I sent it in. I have 100% feedback here and Ebay and in the good deals list on Harmony Central. I am listed as 1960LesPaul on all three sites.

I will give you 2 days to decide after you receive the bass. If you decide you want to keep it please come to this post and publically accept it. Since I am assuming all of the risk this is only fair and helps protect me from someone hanging on to it too long then trying to return it. But once the time lapses its yours.

8. I would also consider a trade for PA gear of equal value. I need it all so if you got some mics, eq's, gates, poweramps etc. let me know.

9. Sold!!!