1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buy music sheet on line?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Vevy, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Vevy

Vevy Guest

Jul 18, 2013
    I found some sites where to buy music sheets, but to buy you got to have an account. The thing I don't understand is why should I insert my address if the tab is in PDF, or at least I think is meant to a PDF file to download, and not paper sheets they send you at home.. I want to be sure that they don't send me anything at home before get an account and buy. Anyone that has already bought sheets from some of those sites can tell me something about please?

2. JaamE

JaamE Owner of the GK Angry Bird amp

Apr 13, 2011
    Olympia, WA
    Because they need your address to process your credit card information.

3. I have purchased a good bit of sheet music online. At the sites I used, they make you install special software (Scorch) which only allows you to print one copy. You don't get a PDF.
    On my Mac which normally allows you to print to PDF, this feature is disabled with their necessary software.

Older versions of Mac OS X (I think 10.4 and earlier) didn't support this feature so I could always create a PDF anyway. I was miffed when that new "feature" appeared after updating OS X.

4. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    It's actually your browser, I think. Just use Firefox or Chrome when you visit a site like shhetmusicdirect, etc.