1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buzzing inside the neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by eight0eight, Feb 22, 2013.

1. eight0eight

eight0eight

May 31, 2009
    Boston MA
    So I picked up an Epiphone EB-0 earlier today as part of a package deal. Really just wanted the practice amp that came with it but the price was good. The girl selling it stated her ex made her buy it and she never really played it. Action was TERRIBLE and neck was bowed a decent amount, I also noticed some buzzing near the head-stock when I played anything lower than a G on the low E string. As i suspected the truss rod was essentially not engaged. After I put some tension on the rod I was able to get the action pretty playable(I'll still probably do some nut work once it settles in) I was hoping this would eliminate the buzz but it's still there. This is not string buzz above or below the nut and I'm pretty sure it's part of the actual truss rod. It's not that noticeable plugged in and this is a cheap instrument that I'm probably not going to keep long so I really don't want to pull the fret-board off the neck. I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should try short of pulling the neck apart. Anyone else run into this?