1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab pickle

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AfroMan Skeeter, Apr 1, 2009.

1. AfroMan Skeeter

AfroMan Skeeter

Dec 12, 2007
    Ever since I started playing bass I have been going through equipment faster than a man being dragged into Victoria's secret, trying to get out of course.

Looking back now I have traded and sold gear that I should never have let slip through my fingers, but it happened and I have to live with it.

I have a nice bass and a nice head, but my cab blows. Since I have a hard time picking out a cab that I would like I am here to ask for help. I know there are some very respectable people here on Talkbass with a lot more knowledge and experience, so I am asking for your opinion. I know people say to go play stuff and buy what you personally like, but this time that's not the case. I'm very bad with cabinets.

For $350-450 what cab would be worth investing in? New or used, to compliment a Warwick bass and Genz-Benz GBE 600 head.

I like progressive music, play in Standard or Drop D on a 4 string, and love low end with some punch.

2. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    SWR goliath, in my opinion

3. AfroMan Skeeter

AfroMan Skeeter

Dec 12, 2007
    I'm assuming you are talking used, as they are $899.00 new.

Would a 4x10 be sufficient for small-medium shows (up until there is PA support).

4. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    yeah should be fine, almost everywhere has PA support, if you can find one check it out. I bought my goliath SR for 500$ used had it 6 years and it's still rockin.

I'm using a 250watt 210 combo for everything nowadays and I don't have any problems with any size gig really.

5. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
  6. lazyone2

lazyone2

Jul 27, 2006
    new jersey shore
    Carvin makes a 3 way PA cab ,the LS1503, that has gotten alot of respect here as a bass cab. It has a 15" woofer, a 6" mid driver and HF driver. It is on sale now for $319. If you want read the Boutique 3 way cab on a budget Mega thread. That will give you a ton of information.