Cab recommendations for Microtubes 900

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kieran Jones, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Kieran Jones

Kieran Jones

Dec 30, 2016
    London
    Hello everyone,

Recently I bought a Darkglass Microtubes 900 at the London Bass Expo. I Absolutely LOVE it! Its basically if Apple did bass amps, although I'm hoping it doesn't have the planned obsolescence that iPhones seem to have....

Anyway, I'm looking for a cab to go with it. Preferably a 2x10 or 2x12. Something preferably lightweight so I don't break my back carrying it to gigs but still sounds powerful and can work with the Microtubes 900 power. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to all the Watts and Ohms stuff so will defer to some wiser people for knowledge.
    I would love some suggestions on which cab to get. Please let me know your thoughts.
    I would also love some recommendations for 4x10 cabs as well. I'll probably get one in future as well as a 2x10.

Thanks in advance,

K

2. Pump Man

Pump Man

Jul 24, 2006
    Pasadena, MD
    20170409_144255.jpg

monsterthompson likes this.
  3. I use two Aguilar GS112's. Light and you can just take one for quieter gigs.

4. chunkofunk

chunkofunk

Jul 9, 2012
    Just used my mt 900 with a Barefaced Big Baby 2 this weekend and it was a great pairing.

5. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Until our prototypes were ready my favorite cabs for the M900 were actually Mesa: 212 and 115 particularly.

Pyrat likes this.
  6. ev223

ev223

Feb 8, 2017
    Australia
    Has anyone tried the TC Electronic RS210 or RS212 with the M900? I am saving up for a M900 and the TC cabs seem like good value practical cabs. Great for a modular setup too.

7. Dennis Gaffney

Dennis Gaffney

Dec 26, 2016
    I decided to take the plunge and buy one tomorrow May 1 the day the eagle *****. I am getting a Markbass 122 ninja to go with it. The Ninja is 800 watts at 8 ohms. The Darkglass Microtube 900 should handle that and another Ninja.

8. Basstrax63

Basstrax63

Jul 22, 2016
    Akron, Ohio
    I'm wondering this myself! The Microtubes 900 v2 looks very intriguing and I already have 3 TC RS-212 cabs that I would think would play nicely with that head!