1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED CallowHill J4 J(unk) Alder/RW Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by E-Mac, Feb 5, 2016.

1. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey crew,
    I have a CallowHill Junk 4 string here that's for sale. You don't see these for sale that often, and with good reason. If you don't know about CallowHill basses and how good they are, just search over TB. I'm the original owner, and I've had it for at least a year. It's been the backup to my CallowHill P bass, but I haven't needed the backup I guess. I don't need to sell it, but it's just not going to get played with how solid my P bass is (have I mentioned these basses are insane?).

Alder body TTSB
    RW board, Maple Neck
    Nord Big Singles
    V/V/T
    60 J Bass Heaven

IMG_0092.

These start at $3450 new (plus the wait). This bass is barely played and really clean. There's a small little dent that I found on the underside near the strap button, and hopefully that's the first of many when it goes to someone who's going to play the bass... I'd like to add that these necks really wear in nicely. They're made to be played.

$2375 shipped in the CONUS with whichever mono bag you prefer (M80, Vertigo, Grey Sleeve). No rush to sell, and I'm more than happy to keep it here. Would take an Aguilar head (350, 500 , or 751), Thunderfunk head, and/or sl410x in trade +cash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Lanceropolis1

Lanceropolis1 Bringer of the Low End Awesome

Jun 29, 2015
    Napa Valley
    Pm sent

3. adam ravitz

adam ravitz Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Philadelphia, Pa
    pm sent

4. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    All messages replied.

5. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    Some trade offers have come my way, and some maybes... this is my trade list
    • Aguilar 751, TH500 or 350
    • Aguilar sl410x
    • Short-scale Callowhill (MPB or I would trade up for an OBS five string)
    • Thunderfunk head (maybe)
    You can run other trades by me, but these are really what I'm looking for. Sale is still preferred.

6. Tom Szell

Tom Szell

Aug 27, 2005
    Nashville
    eMac,
    How is the neck? I'm a low action kinda guy.

7. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    The neck itself is awesome. It's primed to be worn in by the right player. My C-hill p bass feels like home and has aged nicely. This J bass is already comfy and it will only improve with more playing.

The action is pretty low by my standards, and I know it could be lower with a good setup. I'm pretty heavy handed so I like a little higher action, but this is still probably the lowest setup of any of my basses. Callowhill makes a solid bass, and you can mold it no problem to your preference.

Thanks for the inquiry.

8. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    I'm going to postpone this listing as I will be away from home for the rest of March. I will probably relist in April. If you're interested before then, feel free to message, but understand if I don't respond right away. Thanks

9. Tom Szell

Tom Szell

Aug 27, 2005
    Nashville
    Emac,
    I am interested in purchasing the Junk. Please contact me when you can.
    Tom

10. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    I'm home again, and there are some trade & purchase messages for me to respond to, so I guess the J(unk) is back on the market.

Paypal purchase or trade for a Callowhill short-scale 5 string.

11. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    On hold.
    I have another Callowhill which might be listed after this is gone.

12. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    Traded for a short scale Callowhill. Thanks everyone for the interest. I have an Infini that will probably go up this week

13. jerzydoeboi

jerzydoeboi Guest

Sep 15, 2010
    Dallas,Texas
    really?!? how many strings?