1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

can I upload non-jpg attachments

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by nonsqtr, Apr 20, 2004.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I want to post a .doc and a .xls, can I do this?

I recently started a thread about a bass with super-low action, and there were an enormous number of posts, and a lot of people who replied with great suggestions. I've come up with a "spec" for the bass, and it's very specific, it has a detailed description of the action and response characteristics (the "feel" of the instrument), along with a description of the tonal properties that the bass needs to have under various playing conditions. Also, I created a spreadsheet with contact information for a bunch of high end and custom luthiers that the posters in the thread suggested, and I'm thinking that a lot of people would be interested in those files (the spec is a .doc, the spreadsheet is a .xls). So, the question is, can I post them as attachments?

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Yes, and yes :) Let me know if you hit any snags -

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Along the same lines, I'm in the middle of editing a Sibelius document to add to a thread about fundamental piano skills for bassists. Can I upload this file as a PDF file, and if so, how? :)

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Chris, you have webspace, I would recommend you upload it there and link it.