can I upload non-jpg attachments

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by nonsqtr, Apr 20, 2004.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I want to post a .doc and a .xls, can I do this?

I recently started a thread about a bass with super-low action, and there were an enormous number of posts, and a lot of people who replied with great suggestions. I've come up with a "spec" for the bass, and it's very specific, it has a detailed description of the action and response characteristics (the "feel" of the instrument), along with a description of the tonal properties that the bass needs to have under various playing conditions. Also, I created a spreadsheet with contact information for a bunch of high end and custom luthiers that the posters in the thread suggested, and I'm thinking that a lot of people would be interested in those files (the spec is a .doc, the spreadsheet is a .xls). So, the question is, can I post them as attachments?
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Yes, and yes :) Let me know if you hit any snags -
  3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Along the same lines, I'm in the middle of editing a Sibelius document to add to a thread about fundamental piano skills for bassists. Can I upload this file as a PDF file, and if so, how? :)
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Chris, you have webspace, I would recommend you upload it there and link it.