1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can someone recommend a good replacement speaker in OZ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spanky123, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Spanky123

Spanky123

Jul 22, 2010
    I live in Sydney, Australia. I need to buy a good 8 inch, 8 ohm, 150 watt (approx.) replacement speaker for a bass amp. I am looking for something that can be purchased Down Under, as shipping costs are exorbitant from the U.S. Thanks.

2. 8" speakers don;t get used much in bass cabs.

I'm guessing this is to replace a damaged 8" in a SWR Henry 8x8?

3. Max music castle did an excellent replacement for me a few years back with a 400w ev. It was a while back but ask for Ben as he is pretty good and will help you with something decent if he can get his hands on it. Either way he can give you some decent advice.

4. Spanky123

Spanky123

Jul 22, 2010
    Thanks, JB, I will give Maxx Music a call in the morning. DUW, it is not an SWR. Brand unimportant, I would rather not say at the moment. Really just looking for recommendations.

5. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    As far as 8" driver go I have had some good experiences with the Emi Alpha 8a. I did build a 4x8 with these a few years ago. Though they can't handle much power mechanically they sound very good in the mids. And in 20liters tuned to 50-60hz they have enough bass extension for a 4string bass.
    If you want more powerhandling and punch you should look for a Beyma 8G40 http://profesional.beyma.com/pdf/8G40E.pdf Put that Beyma in 17liters and tune it somewhere between 55 and 70hz and you'll have one punchy little 8.

6. Lee Bruton

Lee Bruton Guest

May 11, 2012
    Need to know what cab you have so we can give you good info