1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can you identify this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ukulelelele, Jun 7, 2012.

1. ukulelelele

ukulelelele

Jun 6, 2012
    Well, i was browsing around a local pawn shop and saw this bass, and it says "Austin" on the headstock. Ive tried to do some research but havent come up with anything. I'd appreciate any info regarding this bass. Thanks.

Attached Files:

• bass.jpg
      bass.jpg
      File size:
      94.1 KB
      Views:
  2. CB3000

CB3000 Supporting Member

I've seen other Austin basses. I think Chinese or Korean made. Looks like something from the samick factory.

3. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Austin is a St Louis Music Supply brand. Replaced Bentley/Series 10/Electra. Decent quality import instruments. SLM has a crew that does set ups before they go out.

4. OldGreg

OldGreg

Apr 23, 2011
    Tucson,AZ
    Anyone happen to know that actual model number by chance?

5. bassbeard

bassbeard

Jul 18, 2007
    akron, ohio
    looks exactly like my Austin Eclipse. I picked it up used for $170 about 10 years ago. great playing little bass. the pickups are not the greatest, but it is extremely comfortable. how much do they want?

6. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Here's a link to SLM's site. You can download their catalog from the menu near the top of the page and browse through it. If it is a current model you will find it.

http://www.stlouismusic.com/

7. ukulelelele

ukulelelele

Jun 6, 2012
    They want 250, but I'm definetly not gonna pay that. Plus its gonna need a set up and the knobs are really crackly and unresponsive.