Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can't Decide - Help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eoghan, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Eoghan

Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Australia.
    I cant decide which to get.
    the Digitech BP50 Here
    or Digitech BP80 Here

The good thing about both is the Drum Machine and the program factor, though I dont know which has the better equiptment, because im pretty new to getting this stuff. All I can see is 1 has a pedal, one dosent. Thats the main difference from where I stand.

If 1 is clearly better then the other can you let me know, I want to get this for Christmas, and money isnt really a problem (I've got 250 saved) but I would like one of these. Ill be buying them from Venue Music so if there is a better option on that site for a good price, fill me in.

Thanks.

2. you'd be better off just buying single effects, or try to find a higher end multi effects unit if that's the way you want to go, i have the bp50 and it's the worst pedal i have, and the bp80 as the same thing only it has an expression pedal, the distortion is horrible on it, as is most of the other things, i only liked the modulation effects on the thing, and you can't even tweak them at all, but i'd suggest that you spend some time playing around with it in a music store and see how you feel about it

3. opivy3056

opivy3056 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    hey,
    i had the BP80, it hissed like crazy and i found the effects rather useless. Single effects are better. Adjusting the parameters of the effect is a big plus. I ended up giving it away because it was annoying to look at. Also , the expression pedal didnt have a spring or anything so it had a really weird feel to it. The point is, its better to just go with single effects if you can afford.

grey skull

4. well, if you want help making a decision between the two choices listed, than i'd go with the bp80...it might be a little more money, and you are right, the only difference really is just the pedal, but with the pedal you can control your effect, such as using it as a wah pedal, or a volume pedal, and whatnot...there is a pedal input for the bp50, but imo you might as well get it attached to the fx box so you don't lose it!
    but like desdinovabass said, keep trying it out, make sure you know what you are getting, and that it's absolutly what you want. a lot of people will tell you that single pedals are better (sometimes they are) and others will suggest a multiFX box if you want to get your feet wet in effects, because instead of one really good effect, they seem to have many mediocre effects!

Charlie

5. Eoghan

Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Australia.
    The main thing about these is the drum machine, though the effects are something extra - a perk I suppose. Is there a better option from that site?

6. uhm I don't really know what country your in so if your not in the USA disregard this statement, but www.musiciansfriend.com has both those pedals and they are about half of what that venue music place has.

7. Eoghan

Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Australia.
    Im in Australia. Its venue or Allans :p