Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cant decide!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Jul 27, 2004.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Hi there as usual onany of us I'm confused due to mi multiple GAS afection, I live in spain (this is very important because most of the basses are more expensive here in europe) and i want to get a good bass for round 2300€, i was thinking about a new warwick thumb NT, but i also like sadowsky but i think that paying 2300€ for a japanese bass its just too much, i also like a lot the modulus flea bass i can get one used for round $1300 (1100€) but i would have to send it here from USA.

Suggestions??

2. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Maybe you could get a Jerzy Drozd bass for that price. He does build his basses in Barcelona, if you're close to his shop I would suggest maybe working with him to build a bass for your needs.
    Buying a bass from the United States is a good idea as well, shipping wouldn't be more then $200 i believe, and the euro also is worth more then the dollar so you would in a sense recieve a discount.
    I don't personally know myself, but I've heard from other TB members that Sadowsky Metro basses are just as high in quality as the NYC basses, and I think they are less then $2300.

3. Sadowsky Metros (or even the other Japanese ones) shouldn't be considered "just Japanese basses". They are in the same league as American or European basses of the same price range.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

I have already talked to jerzy drozd, and the price of the cheapest NT out of his "production models" is round €3000, i also asked him about making a SC like the one norstrand makes and he told me to send him the specs so he could make a aprox price.

5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    If they would start making the ultra vintage series i would buy a metro, i dont really like those dinky J bodies im a full J guy.

6. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I sent a PM :)

7. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I would definately go with one of the Sadowsky Metros. Go to the page and find the nearest European Dealer and work something out. The shipping will be near to nothing compared to the hassle of shipping from the States.

Good Luck!

8. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    For your budget I'd definitely check out the Euro (Czech) Spector NS2CRFM's and the Spector ReBOP's....

The Spector NS2CRFM's especially rule...!! :bassist:

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Are you only looking at neck-thru? You mentioned Sadowsky and Modulus Flea in your first post, which are both bolt-on.

In your price range, you can get a beautiful Jerzy bolt-on.

10. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

I forgot to mention that i dont like jerzy's bolt-on models

11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :meh: :confused:
    At Luthier's Access Group they are cheaper than that - even though its got taxes, shipping costs, import fees and a distributor's profits on it... Have the prices gone up or were there some custom options on it?
    *counts money*
    *GAS for a Matery 6 shrinks*
    * :( *

And sorry for the thread hijack

12. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    No man, the neck through ones are over $3000. Perhaps a Hotwire bass would work for you, it's within your price range, and also comes in a more traditional jazz bass shape. They have one listed for sale that's only 1000 euro, and a few others right around 2,300 euro, I've never played one but the sound clips sound great.

13. What about Sadowsky Tokyos, not the Metro line. They're all basically 70s J reissues, vintage bodies and stuff (no dinkies).

14. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Spend the extra $ and get the Sadowsky. Cures GAS forever. Except you'll want more Sadowsky's!!!!!

Rob

15. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Yeah, 3000 in $ and after it gets there, and not in €!
    €3000 is over $3600, and in LAG it included shipping, insurance and taxes/fees as well as the distributors profits - whereas ordering in Spain it should be cheaper, not even more expensive

16. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

Luthier's Access Group im interested, any web out there????

17. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    There is, http://www.luthiersaccessgroup.com, but since they get their basses from JD, I think there is something else wrong here... and to ship it back to Spain, where it came from :rolleyes: :D then the bass could say "I went to America just to come back..." :smug:
    At least you can look at their gallery

I think ask JD again. Maybe there was a misunderstanding, model or options mixed up or he wanted to say $ but said € or something...

18. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

sometimes retail prices might be higher that sale prices, my grandma lives in barcelona and im planig to go there in september so ill make a visit to jerzy's work shop for a little chat.

19. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    thats cool :cool:
    There is a TB member, I dont remember his name right now, who visited him and said it was great speaking with him and he was such a nice person... make sure to try some of the basses! ;)

20. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I hope i could try any bass