Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cant open links.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jack, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I cannot open links posted in threads, this is only to links that go to somewhere inside talkbass. I get a system message, telling me to contact my administrator, hence this post.

Any ideas?

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Please post a couple example problem threads (past URLS here)

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Ok then.

Here

Any of these

And Finally

Sorry they're all in OT, just figured its the place to look for pictures and links.

If it helps any, I colud open them no problem before (been about a month now) and I can open similar links on other forums.

Thanks for your help,
    Jack

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's good for me. That's kinda wierd.

5. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I may be wrong, but Talk Bass has had numerous "upgrades" since it was created. Links to attachments posted before an upgrade no longer work. (Check the dates of the posts with attachments.)

Hope this helps.
    :bassist:

6. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    That would work, except tmo333 can open them. :confused:

Still, much appreciated. :)

7. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
  8. I don't know about Mr. Jack, but this is what I got when I tried to open the link.

9. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Oh I see - y'all are talking about the links to attachments INSIDE each of these links, not these links themselves :)

Old attachments were pruned when we did the major forum upgrade - sorry, but it was necessary.

10. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Well thats ok then. Thankyou for all your help.

PS- How come tmo333 can open them, because they are still saved in his history? :bag:

11. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I think he was saying that the links to the threads worked fine, as they should. I don't see any way that he could view those attachments.

:bassist: