SOLD Carl Thompson’s personal 38”

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by S.O.T.G. Rich, Jan 17, 2018.

1. S.O.T.G. Rich

S.O.T.G. Rich Gold Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    6914EBB3-8D1A-4590-B3E9-CEEC3E8D1D40.jpeg This bass was Carl’s personal 38” fretless bass. The bass is in immaculate condition.

38” scale
    Fretless (can be fretted)
    2x Kent Armstrong pickups
    Custom CT circuit (seriously different sounding than the norm)

This bass is honestly just the most pure sounding. This scroll is one that I’ve never seen on another. It is beyond amazing! Why sell it? I have his other personal or I wouldn’t be sharing this with the world. (Everyone should have the opportunity to play this bass)

Attached Files:

2. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    looks like this has been available for 14 minutes

i'm surprised it lasted this long.

such a beautiful instrument.

3. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Medford, Oregon
    Absolutely epic. Wonderful instrument. Would love to get my hands on one of these one day. This is the kind of bass you own for life.

4. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I so wish they had a 34” model. I would love a CT but don’t have this disposable income. What is going on with that circuit? Kent Armstrong makes fantastic pickups...I have some in my Kinal bass...some of the best!!!

5. S.O.T.G. Rich

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas

The circuit is Carl’s personal design. It is VERY powerful sounding (if that makes sense “God’s voice rumbling through the heavens” Hahahha) and seems hotter than my actives. I own more 34” CT bass guitars than anything. Keep in touch my man I will help you when you decide you want one. They aren’t common in 34” (mostly vintage)

DaveAceofBass likes this.
  6. S.O.T.G. Rich

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas
    Ok so the buyer turned out to be a scammer. :/ I don’t know how to change the status from sold to for sale

7. BM617

BM617

May 23, 2018
    Hi, just seen your comments from Jan 18. Does that mean that your CT is still for sale, or has it sold since then? I'll PM you...