1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Carvin B1500 W/ SKB 3 Space Rack

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by darkrising, Jun 4, 2014.

1. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    Price:
    435 w/ship
    Up for sale is my beloved Carvin B1500 Bass amp. This amp is truly a beast. It was mainly a back up to my main amp(Mesa Titan) and has not seen much use. It has been rack almost all of the time I have had it and does have some rack rash from being swapped to and from different racks. Operation wise it is 100% flawless!!! Also included is a 3 space SKB rack which houses the Carvin perfectly.

Here are the B1500 specs from Carvin:

There's a new "King-of-the-Road"! The B1500 "mono block" bass head is "king" of all other bass amps offering extreme power. No other bass amp offers the tone and headroom! The B1500 delivers 700w at 8 ohms, 1250w at 4 ohms and 1900w at 2 ohms. Extraordinarily harmonic, rich tone shaping from 4 discrete class A gain stages straight from the input jack. Besides the B1500 boutique signature flat response, we equipped it with 6 tone controls. Starting with the SUB BASS at 50Hz, BASS at 100Hz, 3 MID frequency controls at 300, 1K and 3KHz, and TREBLE for ultra highs at 10Khz. The B1500 head also features front panel and foot switchable MUTE and EFFECTS LOOP switches. The MUTE feature allows tuning and changing of basses, while leaving the tuner/headphones jack active. The EFFECTS LOOP switch allows easy bypassing of effects for the purest of straight forward bass tone. If you need huge tone and power, then the B1500 head is for you!

20140530_120721.

20140530_120904.

I am looking to get $435 shipped!!!!! This will be very well packed so shipping will be at least $35-40 minimum......

The only trades I would be interested in is a Mesa M9(+ cash from me.....I know a long shot) or either a Carvin B2000 or BX1600(+ some cash from me)

PM with any questions and Thanks for looking!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Bump for great amp- Love mine

3. Monster amp. Built like a tank.

4. scorcher

scorcher

Apr 23, 2009
    Where in Fl are you located?

5. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    Tampa,Fl

6. DeacBarron

DeacBarron

Feb 10, 2012
    Hello,

Quick question..how would you describe the tone of this amp...I have been wondering about it for a long time. What would you compare it to. Does if have a natural tone with minimum tone from the amp and more tone from the bass?

7. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    Here is a thread with some other TB'ers giving some testimonials about the B1500. IMHO I don't think the B1500 sounds like any other amp in particular. It has it's own sound going on. The EQ section is very versatile and this amp gets crystal clear with a ton of power.. Here is a link that might help shed some light for you:

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/carvin-b1500-holy-crap.567698/

8. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    PM'd

9. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Can the DI be used while in that rack case? It doesn't look like it but picture could be deceiving. I'm seriously interested in this head. Thanks.

10. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    I believe you are right about the DI. I never used it as I have a Radial JDI I use. I would have to say the case would have to be notched out for the DI to be used, which would not affect the case's stability.

11. Rick48195

Rick48195 Rick48195, Play it like you stole it!!!

Mar 19, 2012
    Southgate, MI
    Is this sold?

12. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    It is still available......

13. Fonsick

Fonsick

May 20, 2010
    Cali, Colombia