TRADED Carvin Vanquish 5-String, Dead Mint, Price Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by baltodoc, Dec 8, 2015.

1. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Price:
    $1150
    Strings:
    Up for grabs is my absolutely mint Carvin Vanquish 5. Recently purchased on Reverb. Unfortunately, I'm just not at home with 19mm spacing. comes in OHSC, also in outstanding condition. Price is dropped to $1150 shipped to CONUS ONLY! PayPal accepted. *Note* The photos from Carvin show the bass to have more of a reddish tint than the bass actually is. It is still drop-dead gorgeous and plays like butter.

The only real trade interest I have would be a Fender American Deluxe Precision (preferably with a maple fretboard). But if you have something interesting, feel free to run it by me.

Swamp ash body with flame maple top.
    Five Piece tung-oiled maple neck with two high-strength carbon-fiber reinforcing rods and fully adjustable dual action truss rod.
    Heavily-figured Birds eye maple fretboard with Abalone Block Inlays.
    Scale length - 34" . 14" radius.
    Ivory Graph Tech TUSQ Nut
    Head-stock - birds eye maple overlay W/ abalone logo.
    Neck dimensions -1.77" wide @ nut, 3.05" wide @ 24th fret; .79" thick @ 1st fret, .86" thick at 12th fret.
    Hipshot™ A-style bridge with strings-through-body or top loading.
    (19mm) string spacing.
    Carvin premium tuners, 20:1 ratio.
    24 medium-jumbo frets.
    RADHV radius top alnico humbucker pickup in the neck and bridge.
    18V active/passive electronics, master volume/push-pull active passive switch, pickup blend, stacked concentric bass/treble, mid cut/boost.
    Weight - 9.4 pounds

vanquish1.jpg vanquish2.jpg vanquish3.jpg vanquish4.jpg vanquish5.jpg vanquish6.jpg vanquish7.jpg vanquish8.jpg vanquish9.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  2. slamsinger

slamsinger Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Coventry RI
    Beautiful bass ... Yeah carvin uses these dumb filters on all their photos for some reason .. I think they should just use a normal photo with no filters to show the true colors and tints to the finish... Regardless these basses are smokin !

3. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    bump

4. T-MOST

T-MOST

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Wow, thats very nice. GLWTS

5. Bassmantd

Bassmantd

Aug 1, 2015
    How about a lb75a neck through in flamed maple

6. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Send me some specs/pics by PM and I'll take a look.

7. Bassmantd

Bassmantd

Aug 1, 2015
    . Bass was built in 1997. Was played a few times by original owner and son sold it to me. I played it a few times at church but I don't like the string spacing. You can see the specs on the Carvin web site. I'm sorry I am not good a pasting things.

8. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    PM me with your offer. I don't usually do that on the regular thread. Thanks

9. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Trade pending

10. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Trade fell through

11. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Can't believe this is still here Blake! GLWTS!

12. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Me neither. You wouldn't even believe the lowball offers. It's infuriating. But this is a killer bass. Someone will recognize it and will be a very happy person.

13. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have the same pre-amp and pickups in one of my basses (although I went with the single coil version in the neck position and the humbucker in the bridge position) and they sound incredible. Mine has a Hipshot piezo bridge, but I never use that or blend it in as it sounds very sterile in my humble opinion. Those Carvin RAD pickups are really awesome!

baltodoc likes this.
  14. baltodoc

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    This time the trade is going through!

tkonbass likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021