1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CCR- fortunate son and green river

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by xdefineperfectx, Mar 5, 2010.

1. xdefineperfectx

xdefineperfectx

Mar 4, 2010
    I would really like to learn these but I am having trouble distinguishing the notes, it honestly sounds like a stand up bass.

if anyone could help id much appreciate it.

2. i know i've got fortunate son,ad maybe green river......if you're not in a rush,i will have a look

3. relsner

relsner

Feb 16, 2010
    I would be interested in both of those as well if you find them and don't mind additional sharing?

Thanks in advance.

4. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    Forunate son
    Here is the basic chord progression I just listened too. I can explain more if needed.
    Intro -G (pedal on G)
    Verse-G-F-C-G (when going from F to C Play F A# B C to walk up to C) (5-4-1 progreesion in Nashville system)
    Chorus G-D-C (5-2-1 Progression in Nashville system)

the song repeats itself at the bridge but the pedaling on the G is 1/4 notes in stead of 8th notes.

5. xdefineperfectx

xdefineperfectx

Mar 4, 2010
    righteous my brother, thank you.

6. Sorry, I did not notice your post sooner.
    These songs are really great for beginners.
    I took the time to tab Fortunate Son.
    You can find the links there

If you have time and are not in a hurry, I will probably post Green River during next week.

If you are in a hurry, please tell me and I will send it to you via PM or something.

7. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    no problem. enjoy.

8. Hi.

I posted Green River, sorry for the delay.
    You can find it there

Have fun with it, the bassline is very easy and nice to play.

9. i finally found fortunate son....let me know if you still need it

10. Bluesbreaker5

Bluesbreaker5

Mar 24, 2006
    Early CCR rocks the house! Easy can be oh so good....it's all about the groove, man!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020