Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CD Track instrument separator

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Dviper, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    Does anyone know of a program (dont care how much it costs) that will filter out the drums vocals and guitar of a song so that all that is heard is the bass and same for all instruments (only drums, guitar etc...) I cant seem to find anything that does that. PLEASE HELP!

2. Unfortunitly, the only thing that could do this is something that could be a vocal remover, which doesn't remove vocals at all, but uses special EQ to "mask" it. Since the frequencies of each instrument crosses over, it would be impossible to do this (Without the master tracks) and keep the bass tone intact. I suggest listening to it more carefully.

3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    An audiophile stereo system. I'm not kidding.

I had the chance to hear just a couple good ones, and that's the major difference between a $1000 system and a $5000 or more audiophile system - don't forget to use all good cables with that good equipment (the last one I heared, this guy was using $600-worth of speaker cables - and that was just to go the few feet between each of those $3000 speakers and their vacuum valve monoblock amps). Oh Baby.

Money's no object? You're in for a treat with this solution, Man. Each instrument will be separate all-at-the-same-time!

Joe

4. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    hmm sounds cool but REALLY expensive. What other options do i have. are there any programs that can be loaded on the cmoputer that separate the instruments?

5. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    The Tascam CD-BT1 might be what you're looking for.