1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chamber music

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Andy Mopley, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Andy Mopley

Andy Mopley

Sep 24, 2011
    Are there any recommended pieces (obvioulsy wth DB in them..) recommended for group with varying level of capability, think more amateurs than professionals, please? I have been asked to research but would like to start with at least one 'easy' warm up type piece, to see where the level is actually at.

Thanks for reading!

2. What level amateurs? Jr High, HS, college ?

3. Andy Mopley

Andy Mopley

Sep 24, 2011
    Carl, we are talking seniors, people that may have played in their youth and have taken up the instrument again, or have taken up the instrument later in life...sorry to be vague, but I haven't met them myself, so I don't know if anyone here can help, just putting it out there, but thanks for taking the time though!

4. I played a whacky Bottesini Quintet during my undergrad that featured myself, an awesome violinist, a crappy 2nd, a completely lost viola, and a good cellist. It kinda worked....

5. You could also check out easy string quartet books and just use your bass. Done that many a times.