1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

change up practice sessions

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bass Avenger, May 6, 2010.

1. Bass Avenger

Bass Avenger

Jan 29, 2007
    My practice routine has become a little one track and i feel like i've kind of plateau'd.

I usually warm up, do a little rythm, maybe work with some books, then usually free play for a while.

1. Please off any suggetions that have helped you grow as a musician.

2. Will learning songs be one of the things to help me out of this little funk?

Thank you

2. Chrispurchase

Chrispurchase

Oct 24, 2007
    I found the best thing for my practice routine was to get a journal & write down the goals i wanted to achieve and by when. I'd then write down what I'd done each day to get closer to the goal.

3. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Ear training is another area to work on.

It's one thing to play a song or two from your favorite band's CD but sit down and learn the ENTIRE CD, including those songs that you are NOT familiar with.

4. BassGrace16

BassGrace16

Mar 25, 2010
    +1 for ear training. It must be done on a daily basis!! Hear the basslines to the music in the
    tv commerical. Remember it and try to play it. Same thing with radio commericals. Over time
    you will be surprise what this method does for ear training.