Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap Case for Mesa Walkabout

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fredguy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. fredguy

fredguy

Dec 13, 2004
    ootah
    I was at costco over the weekend and they had a case for the playstation 2 that perfectly fits the mesa walkabout and only cost $17.

dave

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the hot tip, fredguy. Did you ever get any advice on cabs to use with the WalkAbout?

Oh, and have you ever run your WA without speakers?

Alan

3. fredguy

fredguy

Dec 13, 2004
    ootah
    No advice on the cabs but based on what I read I decided to get 4 ohm low down sound 2x8 cab with an upgraded tweeter. I figure that gives me enough options for sound as I'll have the 2x8, a 2x10, and a 1x15. The swr cabs should be more efficient than lds cab so matching the 4 ohm 2x8 with the 8ohm 1x15 should balance out ok. I'll post a review when I get the cab. I've never intentionaly ran the WA without speakers but it shouldn't hurt anything.

I've also done alot of tube swapping on the WA and settled on a mullard in the first stage and a bugle boy in the second. There doesn't appear to be as much gain, compared to the mesa tubes, but the sound is smoother.

dave