Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap Fun for Pick Users

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by rickbass, Jan 15, 2004.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

FYI - If you occasionally use a pick/plectrum as I do, I've been having some fun with the Jellifish whenever I use an Entwistle-esque, high, trebly sound, or a chorus effect.

It's basically a pick that employs a bunch of guitar strings on the striking/contact edge of a pick to produce sort of a multi-string bass, "chorus" sound....(see pic below) -

[​IMG]

They're $10 each and their service is fantastic, IME. I ordered just one and received a lengthy "thank you" email within 15 minutes of my order.

Word of warning - a Jellifish will eat the outer layer off of coated strings within minutes, from what I've read.

I'm not affiliated with Jellifish in any way. they have demo videos of the techniques employed by guitarists on their website - http://www.jellifish.com/index.html

Just passing on something I found to be fun for 10 bucks.

2. Faceley

Faceley

Dec 28, 2003
    North Carolina
    Hmmm very interesting little tool there. I might have to order one.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Faceley - I was surprised to read on their "What Is It" web page that "many bass players..." are among their customers.

One thing I should mention - like an E-bow, I doubt you'll get the desired effect the first time you try it. It takes a little practice.

4. Faceley

Faceley

Dec 28, 2003
    North Carolina
    That's ok practice is good for you so it couldn't hurt to practice with it. i honestly don't mind, it's just another fun thing to do while i jam at home.