Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap places to buy a rick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 1039greenday, Sep 10, 2005.

1. 1039greenday

1039greenday

Aug 1, 2004
    Today i went to guitar center, to visit a friend that works there. Anyway, he asked me what gear i want to get next, an i told him a rick. He told me that i can probably get a cheap beat rick from a place called mikes music in cincinatti ( i assume this is their website? http://www.mikesmusicohio.com/) and then from there i can buy hardware, pickups,ect and restore it). Well, looking at the inventory of mikes music, it doesnt seem like they have any cheap beat up ones. And looking at the pickups on POTR, it seems like they only sell neck pickups . So in conclusion, where is the cheapest place to buy Ricks? I cant buy from ebay or classifieds, i need a reputable store, and i dont mind buying used.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Try gbase.com but all those will be a bit inflated. How much are you looking to spned?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Oh, and buying from a retail store or business, will almost always cost more than dealing with an individual.

4. www.ricpage.com is fairly priced. They get used stuff in from time to time and sell a wide variety of parts. They also have excellent service. I bought 4 Rics from him and a bunch of other things. PLeasure to deal with.