cheap power....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by loismustdie, Aug 13, 2004.

1. loismustdie

Jun 4, 2004
    i'm lookin for an amp that will put out some good power for cheap, probly never heard that one before, right? anyway, i haven't bought a bass yet, but am lookin at amps, how is beringher(spelling?)for amps, i was thinkin around 70-100 watts for around 150$, thats probly a stretch, i'm not lookin to buy a high end brand and spend that amount of money.

i would definitly consider buying a speaker and building it a box and buying a separate amp. they sell speakers at
  2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Check your local music-go-round. I bought a 220W, 2-channel head for $20 there.
  3. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    lol... I read the title, and I was ready to waltz in and start babbling "QSC! QSC!" :D

but... I think your best suited for a combo. Peavey is the best I've heard for the money... and I'm a friggon cheapskate.
  4. CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    i second the peavey mark series. i highly recomend the mark 3 head. the mark 4 has a lot more knobs and stuff but doesn't really get much louder or sound any different. i've owned both back in the day. hell i gigged with a mark 3 head for a long time. if you want a cheap amp that can get you by that's the way to go.