1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap stuff from MXR

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by badboy1984, Feb 25, 2008.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I put my MXR M-80 DI box on top of my bass rig in rehearsal, and i put the cable from far away by accident and drop my box on the floor. The pedal works fine with no problem since it look and build like a tank.

But one problem is that one of the clip on the battery cover snap off. I have no idea why it can snap off like that. I may consider running AC adapter so the battery don't touch the main board inside if the clip don't hold it in place.

2. Um... :confused:

You drop your pedal at least 4ft to the floor and you're complaining about that?! Be lucky it works!

If anything, that was the pedal telling you to start using a damn power supply! :D

3. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    i broke the battery clip on my M80.
    I dropped the UK distributor an email, and they sent one out to me FREE!
    Now, that's customer service!!!

4. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I can say that through prior dealings with various big name customer service departments, Jim Dunlop's is unsurpassed!

5. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I did exactly the same. Bless 'em.
    A metal replacement battery clip would be nice though.