1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheapest source for Fodera 6 strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by J.Wolf, Sep 25, 2010.

1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    I'm realizing that the new 6 I'm playing works best with a light gauge (28,40,60,80,100,120) 6 string SS (which oddly enough I hated on my previous 6). Coming from my trusty EXL170-6's at $24 a pop shipped, the >$40 fodera 6 string sets are bit of a kick in the pants.... anyone know of the cheapest source for these online? I think just strings and Fodera direct both come out about $42 or so after shipping.

Also, if anyone knows a good alternative light gauge SS set for 6 that is cheaper, I would appreciate the heads up! thnks

2. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    I dunno; $40 for a 6er set is pretty good in my mind. What kills me more is the shipping. If I buy one set, it's $43 (Circle K Balanced set here) plus $8 for shipping makes that set really $51. I just try to buy 3-4 sets at a time if I can help it, to keep the shipping down.

Good luck in your hunt. I haven't found many 6 string sets that I'd call cheap that didn't sound and feel it.