Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chia Pets !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 21, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Hello

This is a thread to discuss anything you would like about Chia Pets http://www.chia.com/chia.html#top. I am considering getting a Chia Pet Puppy for my very good Friends who just lost their Dog last week and have decided that they would not like another Dog at their age. Any expirence you have had with Chia Pets and how to get more seeds would be greatly appreciated.Thanks :)

2. I remember them from Waynes World, sorry, useless post n all

3. I've asked for a Chia pet for Christmas.

Never had the "pleasure" of owning one. ;)

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    We had 1 or 2 if I remember correctly. They are good if you've got the knack for that sort of thing, but we couldn't get ours to grow for love or money. We did keep them, however. I think we have a clay frog sitting somewhere in my parents' flower bed. :)

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have a friend who has a Mr. T Chia Head.

6. MAJOR METAL

I am going to check out K Mart to see if i can find the one i want.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    How about the Chia herb garden? not only is it a pet, but people can use it in their cooking...

8. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    MM I love your thought provoking threads :D

That does sound like a pretty good gift for them.

9. MAJOR METAL

Still have to go out and find them.

10. MAJOR METAL

I went to K Mart and the Women their told be they were very popular this year and they sold out, have they been advertizing on TV alot lately?.

11. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    These are both of the cool things in the Chiaverse. I really wanted to find a Mr.T Chia head to give my son. He has only expressed loud and sudden approval of an item upon first encountering/hearing about it twice. Both times I have failed to find one available for a Christmas/birthday present.

One was the Mr.T Chia head. THe other was a small pendulum with a pointed weight, kind of like a surveyors plum bob, suspended over a plate full of sand. As the day goes by the pendulum precesses arounf the plate, so it draws lines in the sand as it swings back and forth. It's sort of a pre-electrical spirograph.

I can't find either one. :crying:

12. My little sister gave my Pops a Shrek Chia Pet she picked up at Walgreens, so those could still be a hot commodity if they aren't all sold out yet. I also got one from Goodwill about a month ago, so they're still around. Interesting how they're making a comeback. You can keep your eyes on ebay too, it's like a Chia Wonderland.

I want stretch armstrong back.

13. MAJOR METAL

I was thinking about the Chia Puppy for a friend and the Chia Turtle for myself. I will check out Walgreens.

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i saw an ad a couple days ago for a chia pet marketed for cat owners.

the ad mentioned that the chia pet was for cats...

except it was just like... tall grass.

:eyebrow:

it wasn't clear at all how exactly cats were supposed to play with it. were they supposed to eat it? (my cats would've!) were they supposed to hide behind it like a lion in the african safari? just... what the eff? :confused:

silly marketers. :scowl:

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They need to make a Chia Jaco.