1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Choosing the right interface?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Jeb, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    I've been collaborating with some musicians who have suggested that I aquire a recording interface so that I can record my bass parts to mp3s that they have sent through email - and then send it back.

The most affordable device that they have recommended is the M-Audio Fast Track USB. Sounds simple enough, but I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff. I have a PC and a few basses. I have experience as a player, but nothing in the recording territory other than plugging in where I'm told to.

Thoughts?

2. Ok...

buy a M-audio 24/96 card $99
    Behringer mixer (spend the money on one with Phantom power) $80
    try to get a version of Cool edit or Adobe audition...I use Adobe Audition 1.5

I gave my USB box away after dealing with the latency thing long enough. :) good luck.

If you have no experience ask your local music store if they have free seminars...there was one at my store recently.