1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chords in Goodbye Pork Pie Hat

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by MurvintheWalrus, Sep 8, 2008.

1. MurvintheWalrus

MurvintheWalrus

Sep 21, 2007
    I want to do a ballad in my jazz combo, and i like how Goodbye Pork Pie Hat is, and so i was wondering if you guys know the chords and alterations on this version, that a TBer linked on a previous thread.
    Please look through and list the chords and for how many beats, bars they are played.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426706
    thanks

2. It's in the Real Book.

If you want to send me an email address I'll shoot you a better copy

3. There are some Goodbye Pork Pie Hat chords here. Although a quick look suggests these may be in a different key.

4. Epi833

Epi833

Apr 8, 2009
    Savannah GA
    I thought about asking this in a new thread, but I found this old one ...

I have the Real Book lead sheet for Goodbye Pork Pie Hat, but it doesn't tell me what's going on underneath the soloing. Can someone help out?

5. Intenzity

Intenzity

Oct 15, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Uh, yes it does.

Those same chords continue for the entire tune and are what the soloist are playing over. As the bass player you walk (or whatever depending on the version you choose to do) over those changes.

The tune doesn't change when people solo (unless you are listening to a different arrangement).

Its a hard tune, lots of twists and turns in that one.

6. Epi833

Epi833

Apr 8, 2009
    Savannah GA
    Thanks. I guess I have to listen harder. :meh:

7. Epi833

Epi833

Apr 8, 2009
    Savannah GA
    Are you sure? Because either you're wrong or I'm crazy.

8. Epi833

Epi833

Apr 8, 2009
    Savannah GA