Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chorus frequency

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Do guitar pedals other than distortion cut the bottom out of bass as well? Like chorus, reverb etc.

Also, none of these websites, say whether the pedal is true bypass or not.... is there anyway of knowing? I know boss isnt, and EHX is... but what about marshall etc? I dont want an active bass' tone to be butched by buying boss pedals.

2. it totally depends on the pedal, but in my experience usually they do not affect bass frequencys much. However, what they DO do is modulate the bass frequencys, which in the case of chorus etc is not always desireable. Sometimes you want the low end left clean.

Given the true bypass is a bit of a selling point, most manufacturers that do make true bypass units make sure you know about it!

Well, that's subjective - and tone sucking is certainly not an exclusive feature of Boss units! I don't think they're anywhere near as bad as people say. In fact, some highly respected tech gurus actually call Boss pedals excellent buffers/line drivers - although that's usually in reference to guitar rigs and not bass.