1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Christian McBride

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MattBlackLamb, Nov 21, 2006.

1. I going to see the Christain McBride Band this friday! I'm really looking forward to it:D Any people on here who have heard of him/heard him/seen him live? the videos I've seen on YouTube are great:D

2. Dellers

Dellers

Nov 7, 2006
    Norway
    I've heard some of his stuff and some playing on a George Duke album....Really a killer acoustic/electric bass player :smug:

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    That should be a great show! I recently picked up "Live at Tonic" and it has some great stuff on there!

4. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I've heard a couple of tunes, and seen a few videos, and I must say that his music is incredible!

I love that fretless bass with the maple board. Stunning.

5. christian mcbride-amazing
    geoff keezer-scary good
    tereon gully-a beast
    ron blake-uh, hmm....

imo, they need a different sax player that rips as hard as everyone else in the band.

6. musicman5string

musicman5string Inactive

Jan 17, 2006

+1.

As far as Chrisitan goes on the "Live At Tonic" CD, for someone who for so long advocated a "pure" acoustic tone, his acoustic tone ain't the best, and alot of that is from that Gage pickup. It's not terrible, but not great either.
    His fretless electric sounds good, but sometimes it's too much of "hey, check out this pentatonic fill I'm gonna play real fast" in places that have space. Good playing, but taste is subjective methinks.
    He sounds great, of course, but he's not without criticism, especially considering his stature. I like his playing alot on some things.