1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Classic 70s Score!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Apr 11, 2010.

1. I just pulled the trigger on a Fender Classic 70s sunburst from MF; a return, but in "like new" condition. $100 off plus a 15% coupon, and--with straplocks--$647.65 shipped. Pretty good deal, with a 45 day return provision. I will post pics when it arrives.

2. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

Nov 17, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    ugh jealous!

3. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Congrats on the nice score! Was the $100 off b/c it was a return? Where'd the 15% coupon come from? Someone was gonna ask...might as well be me. :D I get nervous with any customer returns; you just never know if they even looked at the thing before putting it back on the shelf. I hope it's in fine shape and serves you well.

*edit* I saw the code posted in another thread. "File." Nice catch.

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Good score! It's my only bass right now and I love mine to death. You will too!

5. Yes, the $100 off was because it was a return. I've had good luck with MF over the years and they have a pretty ironclad return policy. I did this with a new MM Stingray last year for $995. BTW, The advertised 10% code is TAXMAN, but if you type FILE, it goes to a 15% discount--through midnight tomorrow (my birthday!). I didn't kmnow about the latter coupon till I called. He threw strap locks in at the end.

6. Demonator

Demonator

Jun 14, 2009
    L.J. Kentucky
    Dean Street Team
    I wanna see.