Classical Guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Feb 4, 2006.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Today I went to Guitar Center on the outside chance that they might have a Fender Jaguar bass that I could check out. I've really been digging those, much to my fiance's chagrin as we are currently saving up money for the wedding and such.

Didn't see any, but it's probably better that way as it's $700 I don't have in the first place. Wandered into the acoustic room and started looking at classical guitars.

I _love_ listening to classical and flamenco guitar. I'm enamored with it. When I play my Strat I usually end up trying to play it like I hear a classical played. I sat down and played a nylon string classical guitar, and found out that I'm in love. The feel, the sound, everything is fantastic. They had a starter pack with a case, tuner, CD, book, etc. with a really nice Cordova guitar for about $200. I just love the sound of a nylon string guitar, and playing it just seems like it fits for me. I had previously been thinking about saving up for an affordable archtop like an Ibanez Artcore, but now I'm thinking more about the acoustic.

The best part is that Jen also really likes to listen to classical guitar, and $200 is much more feasible than $700. Or, maybe it's time to sell off my SX or my Peavey bass. Options!

With that pointless tale out of the way, does anyone else play classical guitar?
  2. kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    I like to fiddle around on classical from time to time. I have a 7 string Giannini GWNFLE (I think that's the model?) and I love the thing.
  3. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Yes, I played guitar for 7 years before taking up bass in 1980. I have a nice Takamine classical that I still play occasionally.
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    My original major in college was classical guitar (my instrument at the time was a Giannini 6 string, the one with the "weird" shape). I still have a "student model" Takamine that sounds incredible, and break it out from time to time to make sure I still have some of my chops on it.

I love the sound of a well-played nylon stringed guitar.
  5. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Segovia, Romero, Montoya... really incredible stuff.

I play acoustic quite a bit but not classical. When I hear a classical guitar being played well on the radio or whatever, I almost always have to stop whatever I'm doing to listen. Love it.