1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Cliff Bordwell Dola 6 string ebony top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, Oct 2, 2017.

1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    $2500
    Strings:
    Hey everyone. This listing is for my Cliff Bordwell Dola six string. This one features a gorgeous ebony top on an ash body, with a maple/wenge neck and morado fingerboard. It is passive, with an Aero Instrument dual coil series wound pickup. 34 inch scale and 3/4 inch spacing.

The previous TB thread is here:

SOLD - Cliff Bordwell Dola 6 $2500 (+ shipping)

$2500 obo, shipped. I always consider trade offers if you want to make one. I can go plus/minus cash as needed. Please message me if you have something in mind, or if you have any questions. Thanks!
    P9270056.JPG P9270055.JPG P9270058.JPG P9270057.JPG P9270059.JPG P9270061.JPG P9270062.JPG P9270063.JPG P9270064.JPG P9270065.JPG

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. no pre no tone pot, best way to get your sound uncluttured to the board

Aram likes this.
  3. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    Man oh man, if only this had narrower string spacing! Just lovely. GLWTS!

4. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Aye! Someone grab this before I submit and buy it back! :help:

Seriously, I'm the original owner -- and this is not a prompted reply -- what an incredible bass. Super lightweight, amazing tone and playability, just beautiful aesthetics as you can see. Note: I even had my tech spruce up the frets a bit before I had put it up for sale (at the time still thinking then that I was going to keep it), and since it still has TJIF's on there my guess is there is basically no fretware to speak of (not that the bass is very old). I.e., you're basically getting a brand new CB for probably $1k off what it would cost new, and zero wait time.

OP, I hope this hijack is okay (I assume so since it's a plug:cool:)...

FilCo likes this.
  5. Sixgunn

Sixgunn

Jun 6, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I don't wait 30 minutes after eating, to go swimming.
    I have a CB and they're as good or better than the best. Don't let the low price fool ya!! GLWTS

6. Col E Loc

Col E Loc Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Do it

7. PeterF

PeterF Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    North East Wisconsin
    I've now had 2 Cliff Bordwells. They are gorgeous and fabulous instruments. I have a fanned fret 5 string. I can leave it for 2 or 3 weeks if I'm out of town and it's still in tune when I return. Just rock stable and Light too.

Thunderous tone etc etc GLWTS!!

FilCo likes this.
  8. thirtyhz

thirtyhz Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Looks nice. How would you characterize the sound? How much flexibility can I get with an outboard EQ?

9. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    The TI flats on it have their own sound profile. You can still get a pretty wide range of tones from the right hand placement though. With rounds, I think you can dial in pretty much whatever you want with a good outboard unit. In my experience, outboard EQ almost always sounds much better than onboard, and is almost always much more flexible.

I am in the Anthony Jackson camp. One great pickup in the optimal location, and no lightweight onboard electronics to get in the way. If the instrument is well constructed, you have a whole world of tones available.

Aram likes this.