1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cliff Engel

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by steve2, Apr 9, 2006.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I did a search and found a few people that recommends him. Just wondering if anyone else has used him.

I too like one of the people that I read on a previous post went to a local music store and the teacher taught me out of a book. He told me I was probably a better player than he was but he was teaching me more theory. It just did not work out. Anyway Cliff Engel may be what I am looking for.

Thanks for any info.

Steve

2. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    He does a good job - for remote teaching. I decent price - good info - good files sent via email and on his teaching site.

3. smartinson

smartinson

Dec 15, 2005
    Greeley, CO
    I've been using him and I have been very happy with my lessons. There is a lot of material as well as some good advice via recordings over Windows Media Player. The price is very good and I have certainly learned a lot from him.

4. Gogalaps

Gogalaps

Mar 17, 2015
    US
    He is absolutely amazing guy. I recommend!

5. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    +1 for Cliff. The courses are well organized and the lessons very thorough and generous in providing a huge amount of material.

6. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    Don't know much about his other material but his rhythm studies are the best such thing I have found.

7. DanMax

DanMax

Mar 13, 2016
    I signed up for his "Sight Reading for Bass" and "Music Theory for Bass" courses.

Monday was my first lesson for both. They look good, although there's a lot of overlap between the two.

Not knocking it--you expect overlap with those courses.

I hope that as the lessons continue, they become two separate courses with different handouts.