1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club Italia!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spindoc, Aug 8, 2012.

1. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Having picked up an Italia Maranello last week and loving it (see NBD thread here), I've searched high and low on TB for a club for these unique instruments - but it seems there ain't one.

So by the power vested in me I hereby claim this parcel of bandwidth to establish CLUB ITALIA. Show us a pic of your Italia bass and I'll even give you a number.

Here's mine:

Attached Files:

2. jbossolo

jbossolo

Sep 22, 2011
    Cool axe! How does it sing?

3. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Sweetly. It's got a distinctive tone with strong low mids and good sustain. I'll be gigging with it next weekend and look forward to seeing how it sits in the mix.

4. Nate9

Nate9

Jul 7, 2012
    I've been looking for this club as well! Will post a couple of pics when I get on to my PC :)

5. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Great, looking forward to seeing them.

6. I don't own an Italia but I'm sub'd to this thread because I think they're incredible instruments and I hope to own one.

7. Nate9

Nate9

Jul 7, 2012
    Sorry for the picture quality, I finally got round to taking a couple of pictures of my Italia, an Imola 5-string :)

Attached Files:

iriegnome likes this.
  8. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    All right Nate, you're #2 (unless you want #9 or something else). How would you describe the Imola?

9. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Used to have a goldtop maranello. Loved it, but could not play it live because of how it hung on my body (1st position a mile away)...but yeah, I miss it. Great playing, great looking, great sounding.

Sigh.

10. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

I've always liked the looks of these but never played one.

11. Nate9

Nate9

Jul 7, 2012
    The Imola is great (was my first 'good' bass); it's the lightest bass I've ever held and balances great, good neck as well. The only problem I have with it is the sound (not bassy enough).

12. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I do not have one but think that they are some of the best looking instruments ever.There is a used and autographed on down the road a few miles. It is green and white sparkled and signed by the
    Bassist on the Letterman show,I am sure this bassist is phenomenal but I wouldn't pay a premium for it as a matter of fact I can't remember his name

13. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
  14. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    Cool idea for a club,seems like there hasn't been a lot of buzz about Italia. I am going to look into them when i next get to the big city. I am really interested in the Rimini bass. Possible future member.....

15. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    I got an Italia Rimini in sparkle mother of toilet seat white. It is in need of a set up and new strings,but i really like it. I am putting flatwounds on it. Overall impression is really nice for the price! I owned aRic 4005 about 30 years ago, and played another one more recently. This bass takes a few styling ques from the Ric,but it has its own vibe. The main thing is the pickup positions give a lot of tonal range,and it uses mini humbuckers instead of single coil pickups. Can't wait to hook it up to a fuzz pedal!

16. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Outstanding, Woody. You're #3.

17. cavix

cavix

Aug 6, 2010
    Italy
    Hi!
    I have an Italia Mondial semi-acoustic bass.
    Very deep voice (with flat strings), bridge humbucker and piezo bridge.
    Two output I can blend with separate volumes.
    I mainly use it for the acoustic gigs with my blues-rock band in Italy.

I'll put a pic in it asap, could you give me a number?

18. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Numero quattro for cavix. Where are you in Italy?

19. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    By the way, here's a picture of Woody's Rimini.

Attached Files:

20. cavix

cavix

Aug 6, 2010
    Italy
    Hi Spindoc!
    I live in Modena, now I'm in the USA for three months...almost finished: next week I'll be back home!

Here it is my Italia:
    ItaliaMondial_zps04528fab.

Me live with him:
    ItaliaLive_zpsc69e4a20.

Waiting for the action!
    ItaliaSondrio_zpsa9eaf3ba.