Collective Soul?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Jan 24, 2006.

1. I love these guys... Anybody else? Have you heard of them atleast?
  2. I think that they're great. I think their bass player uses a Musicman. I watched them on Direct TV "Freeview" last month with the Atlanta Youth Orchestra and was trying to figure out what kind of bass he was playing. They really didn't show it very long but, judging by the glimpses of the headstock that I saw, I think it's a Musicman.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
  3. i thought he had a bongo when i saw it...
    anyways, i like them...i don't love them though...
    I saw that same concert and i didn't feel that the choir was necessary...
  4. No, but the string section on "Shine" was VERY nice IMO.
  5. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Saw them live in '99 at RockFest in NB, Canada. I thought it was the best show of them all.

Their early stuff is their best(well, so far I guess).

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

They're OK. I like Shine.
  7. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My son was working on a movie called something like :"Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know". It's a Jon Keeyes film. The first non-horror one he made.

Collective Soul are in it. There is apparently some scene where they perform, but they were not in the movie as 'Collective Soul' they were playing the part of some fictitious band.

For reasons that I never understood, since they weren't being themselves, they couldn't/wouldn't play their usual/own/recognizable instruments. So everyone on the crew that had decent equipment took pics of their gear, and showed them to the band. And then the band sort of 'shopped' amongst the pics and borrowed the gear of their choices.

My son took pics of all my goodies and let them 'shop' amongst my things with everyone else. So my Hamer Archtop was used on the shoot. And maybe my Strat. I don't remember. But I do remember that the Hamer came back with a piece of tape on the headstock so that it said "Hame" I felt kind of insulted that my bass stuff didn't get picked. I wouldn't have let them use it, but still.
  8. That is sweet! I think I have seen that movie...
  9. I think their good I saw them in 1999. I thought Dosage was their best album. I was really impressed with Ross Childress playing, he really seemed to be having fun, when he was kicked out of the band I lost interest, though I am sure their new guitarist is equally as good, it's just not the same.