1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Columbus (Japanese Bass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shakin-Slim, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Looks like your typical cheap 70's Japanese Jazz copy. Probably wouldn't be bad, but I wouldn't expect anything on the level of your 76 Ibanez.

3. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    That's what I was thinking. Not much can stand up to that Ibanez anyway ;)

4. We had these in the UK from the late 70's & into the 80's. They were not that bad better, than the Kay & Satellite instruments we had here.

5. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Worth dropping what is currently a small amount of money on? The reason I ask is because I want a fretted Jazz bass, my only J is fretless. I was thinking about the Squier CV 60s, but if this is worth it, it might be a cool, slightly more quirky alternative.

6. Hand on heart I would have the CV, I just think that it would be better made. But with everything you could try it & want it,like I said these were better than the Kay & Satellite. These looked better & I guess they were the CV of their day.