1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Commitment issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikebaik, Sep 25, 2013.

1. mikebaik

mikebaik

May 12, 2008
    Cerritos
    Hey guys, I've recently purchased a Musicman Stingray 4 classic in November of 2012 and shortly after my purchase I've been wishing I got a 5 string instead.
    Any suggestions on what basses I should be looking at?
    I primarily play for church in worship music so I'm looking for a lot of warmth up top but at the same time a nice punch on the bottom.
    I play out of an Eden 300CXC hybrid amp.
    Thanks!

2. You may want to look at the squire vm precision bass 5. I don't play a 5, and I also play at church, but the vm series basses as well as the cv are really nice and reasonably priced.

3. Price range?

4. mikebaik

mikebaik

May 12, 2008
    Cerritos
    I was thinking more of trading my stingray for one.
    Obviously that'll be determined by the agreement between myself and the other party, but I was wondering if there were any suggestions within the stingray budget

5. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    If you like the MM...go for a MM5.

also, look at the Lakland 55-01 and 55-02 series basses....the 55-02 has ALOT of variability and can be used for many different sounds....many praise band players who use it love it.

I had a 55-02 and only got rid of it because I purchased a US version.

also - a nice Precision 5er (like the Lakland skyline 55-64) may do the trick,....

good luck!

6. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    New England
    One of the Laklands mentioned should help you dial in what you need. 5502 or 5564, 5560 might be perfect and I really like passive for praise. Worth checking out and should be within reach with the Ray in hand.