1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Comparable options to replace a sunn 300t

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tfernandez, Oct 3, 2013.

1. tfernandez

tfernandez

Jul 5, 2010
    So I've used my sunn for many years with very satisfying results. After a recent (and expensive) retubing, there was a component failure that will more than likely force me to buy a whole new set of matched tubes.

As much as I love the sound, this amp is starting to cost me too much as a college student with other necessary expenses.

So I ask you fine ladies and gentlemen what might be a more reliable option to replace my sunn in the near future. I love the full tube sound and would like to maintain that in a more reliable head.

Some options I've been thinking about are pairing a tube preamp with a solid state, getting a hybrid amp, finding another all tube head that tube replacements won't kill my wallet for. I'm also open to any suggestions.

Thanks, terran.

2. Aguilar DG751. Ten year warranty. Great tubey tone.

3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Fender Super Bassman