1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Complete Jazz LP Database?

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by project_c, Nov 12, 2017.

1. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    I'm looking for a database of every jazz record released in the 50's and 60's. I know it's a big ask but does anyone know if anything like this exists online?

I thought this would be relatively easy to find online, but I'm getting endless top 10 lists, and nothing substantial beyond that. I'm not looking for the "greatest / best / biggest selling / most important etc", I'd just like to see a complete list of releases, big or small, obscure or popular.

My reason for asking about this is that many of my favourite jazz recordings are not on any 'Top 10' / Greatest' lists. Stuff like 'You Get More Bounce with Curtis Counce', or 'Warne Marsh' by the Warne Marsh Trio. These are not obscure by any stretch, but they are also not the most obvious records. So I just want to evaluate music without some random online resource telling me what's best.

2. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    Discogs is the best source, but you have to use artist names.