complete newbie help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hardcore unity, Jul 30, 2005.

1. hardcore unity

hardcore unity

Jul 30, 2005
    well ive been playin drums for a few years and i think its time for me to possibly try a new insterment. i want a decent bass and a deacent amp. im lookin at a standerd fender p-bass. i would like to play hardcore like madball and comeback kid and bane and death before dishoner. so yeah how long do u think it would take me to get pretty good like be able to play in a band. so basiccly i need a denchent bass and amp and how long does it normally take to get good enough to play in a band.
    thanks yalls :help :bassist:
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    this can vary,but i think one year is the average with passion and dedication.
  3. some people just arn't umm.. naturall musicians. I know people that have been playing guitar for 4 years and still suck. If your a good drummer you probably won't have any trouble. When your ready to play in a band depends also depends on the skill level of the other musicians. If its a couple of friends who are starting out too, you could be ready to play in a band in a week. I agree with the poster before me that you'll probably be skilled enough to play in a decent band in a bout a year. Good luck/welcome to TB.
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    A P bass bass or a Jazz bass would both work well. The guy from Madball plays a Music Man Stingray, so that, or one of their lower end ones would nail that sound. Back when I was frequenting hardcore shows I'd see lots of Fenders, but also ESP, Jackson and Ibenez stuff.