Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

compressor or something for funk?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassmonkey144, Jun 8, 2005.

1. So, me and a few of the other Jazz 1 players decided to have a little fun and get a funk combo together. We plan to play stuff like Earth, Wind and Fire, K.C. and the Sunshine Band, Bill Chase, Isley Brothers. You know, all that good stuff. Anywho, I have a wah, and a fuzz pedal. The dunlop 105q, and the lo-tone classic fuzz to be exact. But I was thinking, I might need a compressor, to get a tighter tone for some of the more funky songs. So can anybody recomend a good pedal that would you know, bring out the funky tones.

2. JPrisus

JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    Tech 21 (the sansamp guys) made a bass compressor, i think it was called the Compactor. great for that type of stuff, especially if you wanna slap a little. They discontinued it, but they're on Ebay and used sites all the time. $50-ish.

3. nah, I dont slap. never for funk, will I slap. If it was good enough for jamerson, it was good enough for me.

4. JPrisus

JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    Thats cool, it's still a good pedal. I promise it won't make you slap if you don't wanna :)

Mike_1978 likes this.
  5. awesome. Ill take a look at it.

6. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    Aphex punch factory

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    EBS Multi-Comp allows you to have normal compression, tube sim which really does spit out a vintage vibe and the multi band.

You may find the EHX blakc finger is to your liking due to it having tubes and quite a vintage sound, personally never tried it to many knobs for me but you might like it.

Hope this helps

8. oh man, the EHX black finger looks just plain sweet. that might be what i need. thanks for the input everybody.