1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Conjunctivits/Pinkeye

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Well, here's my luck. I do great on my senior project presentation on bass design innovation, and BAM! The next day my eyes were crustier than the crowd at a GBH show. I have eyedrops now, fortunately.

It's lame though, people! Anyone had it before? Any stories?

Many of my buddies said I looked stoned because my eyes were irritated :rollno:. Sheesh.

2. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I've had it once. Not fun at all. I'd wake up and my eyes would be sealed shut. Then I had to feel my way to the bathroom, find the sink, and scrape all of the stuff off of my eyelids.

3. I've never had it, but I've heard that it affects people with light-colored eyes more than people with dark eyes.

Any truth to this?

Mike

4. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Going around my kid's school right now. I use an herbal preparation and it knocks it right out.

Eyebright from www.herbdoc.com

His stuff for cold and flu works fairly well too.

(I am a customer not an employee of herbdoc.com!)

5. No clue. That said, my little brother had it at least 10 years ago, and his eyes actually had pink inflammation on the skin around his eyes.. He has blue eyes.

I have brown eyes, and have no skin inflammation that's visible. My eye is bloodshot, semi-itchy and has a lot of gunk, but that's it.

The mystery continues......:eyebrow:

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Mike...good to see ya!

All I know is: it's all...crusty.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I've had it a couple two-three times. It's not so bad. Just get the drops and it will clear up in a day or two.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I've had pink eye a couple times. Never had the crusty stuff in my eyes though. The infected eye would just get all red and itchy.

-Mike

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    A coworker of mine had pinkeye last week. I've never had it, and this was the first time that I've seen anybody while they were sick. No crust, but he did look funny blinking every 2 seconds.

10. Had it in sixth grade.. mine was more...gooey rather than crusty. And when I got sent home from school, I got drops then went to Disneyland. Don't let it stop you! I have dark eyes and I don't think it was all that bad.

11. i got it when i was in 2nd grade, i woke up to the alarm one morning and my brother was screaming at me to turn the alarm off, i was screaming at him telling him my eyes were completely sealed and crusty and i couldnt do a damn thing.
    he just ignored me and kept yelling
    havnt had it since though

12. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    I had it several times when I used to wear contacts; not very good about my eye regimen. Had some ointment to put in that always took care of it.

13. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Are you sure you're not a zombie? Zombieism and pinkeye are fairly easily confused.

-Nate

14. Hey, what's up, P. ? :)

Crust = good for bread, bad for eyes. :bag:

Mike :D

15. Hard to tell. In highschool, the motivation for violence, especially against freshman, is quite common, and I'm always tired because of senioritis-related reasons :D

16. Had it a few times in high school. Usually done within a day or two.

A few years back I was working at a retail store with about 100 employees. As I was about to clock out, one of the girls came in with an obvious case of the Pink Eye. I watched in complete disbelief as she rubbed her eyes and then proceeded to clock in using the communal keyboard. She apparently noticed I was staring and said "yeah, it's pink eye....I don't think it's contagious". Oh, yes....it is. Idiot.

Mike

17. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Indeed. I call them "eye boogers".

18. Often times, when you mix your Worchestershire Sauce and embalming fluid you get pink eye. I steer clear of that stuff.